In 1932, the Club began the first of what would become over three-quarters of a century of challenging preservation projects with the landscaping of the historic Bethesda Home for Boys, an orphanage founded in 1740. One thousand trees and shrubs were planted; a plant nursery was established and the addition of an entrance gateway and outdoor theater was designed. Work at Bethesda continued for 25 years.
In 2010, the Club helped to create an organic farm at Bethesda Academy, a school, which included the funding of an institutional quality greenhouse and spader. Members worked with the boys in plant propagation and composting.