Signed in as:
In 1957, at the request of the City’s Park and Tree Commission, the Club began its rescue and revitalization of Emmet Park, once the common land of the Georgia Colony. This ten-year task, financed in part by local businesses, produced a twelve-block oasis of plants, shrubs, lawns, brick walks, iron fencing and the planting of 13,950 bulbs!
The park before and after restoration is pictured below. At right is a picture of the presentation in 1962 of the Rich's Civic Beautification Award being given to Trustees' members, Mrs.Henry Dunn and Mrs. Carl Espy.