image81

Trustees' Garden Club

Columbia Square

Columbia Square

The beautification and restoration of Columbia Square, originally laid out in 1799 as part of Savannah’s town plan, was initiated in 1970. Beginning with a landscape design that included brick walks, a center pool and a memorial fountain, the members planted dozens of annuals each spring and maintained the square for seven years from 1970 to 1977.

image82